Monday 18 May 2009

Move Over MAC, Illamasqua is in town....



About a month ago I was wondering through Selfridges looking for some new cosmetics. I was in the MAC queue and those sales assistant who weren't having a good natter were just doing god knows what, with a long queue ahead and behind me i decided to give it a miss.


It was a good call because i came across a new UK brand counter called Illamasqua - the colours were amazing and a little daunting too. They have foundations from white to black.

The staff were great she gave me a history of the brand, they come from film and theatre i believe hence the strong tones. They are defined as "the makeup for your alter ego.."

I explained to her i was looking for some strong eye colours for the evening that looked like they did in the packaging on my skin. She did me some smoky eyes with graduating blues and honestly it was amazing. There are so many options and left to this sales assistant i would have left with the whole counter selection on my face. There is no hard sales drive and u can wonder at your own pace.I will be back at the Illamaqua counter this weekend so look out for my review.....








Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: