Thursday 21 May 2009

I'm not 30 am I...

So this year i turned 30, in an attempt to not turn into a fanfare i left the country and all those who knew my age behind me and celebrated my birthday in a very low key way. Since then every so often i catch myself saying "well now i'm 30.." and then i stop think oh dear i'm thirty. I'm thirty not married, still grappling to get all the requistes for my ideal job, still like eating kiddies yoghurt over adult yoghurt and the list goes on...

This shouldn't be a big deal but there seems to be some universal finger that keeps pointing a finger to remind me i'm 30 and am no closer to my "30 things to do by 30," then i was at 21 when i decided those goals.

Then last week came the big hyperventilate panic, it came as i was talking about my grandchildren (i know, yes i did say i have no man, let alone no children to make the grandchildren yet, but i'm being positive) and then had an irrational panic that i wouldn't be alive to see my child's fifty birthday as i would by that time i would be at least 85. Now in hindsight this was slightly out there and crazy thing to panic about but this is what becoming 30 does to you, it appears that you fixate on the most minute detail and obsess about it.

I guess the plus side is that apparently, i don't look my age, in the past month i have been asked for id in the supermarket twice and mistaken for a 21 yr old.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: